Friday, March 25, 2011

Some Photos...

Hi Friends!
So it's been a while, and I promise I will have a more updated blog post in the very near future. But I had some internet, and I wanted to take advantage of it to try to upload a couple pictures and a video. Hopefully it works! More to come soon!



This is during the Fête de la Jeunesse (Youth Day). These are our majorettes doing a dance performance.



I know I shouldn't have favourites, but I really like these two students, Nadege and Raphael. Nadege had a sweet 80s prom dress to celebrate la Fête.


This was on Women's Day, March 8. All the women were matching outfits and they parade and drink lots of beers and put on talent shows! This is Rose and Claire, two other PCVs from the Extreme North Region, and Martine who is going to school to be a French teacher. We are at Claire's post, which is called Tokombere.



Ok, this is the parading I know I've talked about. I tried to film it (I'm sitting behind the Sous-Prefet, the highest authority in Hina). Hopefully you can see it. It's all the students of the Lycée de Hina marching to celebrate Youth Day. We practiced marching for a week in preparation!

No comments:

Post a Comment