Saturday, October 30, 2010

HIIIIII Everyone!!!

So, I am in Maroua for just a few hours- I am actually meeting my future post mate! That's right, another Peace Corps volunteer in Health will be sent to Hina in December! She is supposed to come this week for a visit! So I am here to take her back to Hina and show her around. more on that to come. But while I have internet for a little while, I wanted to take the opportunity to post to pictures. and, also, to THANK YOU to my wonderful friends and family who have been sending me packages and letters non stop!!!! Seriously, I had SIX packages at the post last week!! I feel so loved :) But really, I am so thankful. I'll never be able to explain how much I really really really appreciate all the support. and i looooooove hearing from everyone. thank you thank you thank you. Thinking of you, and miss you all!


Last Saturday, Djolde, my guardian, came to my house and wanted me to come to his Pepinere- it's kind of like a garden/tree nursery. It's super beautiful- he has papaya trees, guava trees, sugar cane, banana trees, potatoes, tangerine trees, etc. he made me bring my camera and it quickly turned into an African photo shoot... i hope you enjoy. and i apologize that they are mostly of me.... Djolde went a bit crazy and this is the result:


Picking guavas...
Tangerine trees!!
Sugar Cane!
Please notice my face: this is the creepy Baptist Minister who likes to come to my house and make me feel uncomfortable...
Djolde! (he like to joke he is my protective big brother) with his papaya tree.
Women coming back from working in the fields all day. such an African moment.
with Zeus in front of the well .

1 comment:

  1. Keep the big brother protection......!! Great Pictures! Love YOU
    Dennis and Linda

    ReplyDelete